Fire Extinguisher Servicing
Motorsport Fire Extinguisher Servicing Guide
Welcome to our guide on servicing motorsport fire extinguishers.
Safety is paramount in motorsports, and a properly maintained fire extinguisher is a crucial component to ensure the well-being of the driver and/or copilot.
This guide will walk you through the essential steps for servicing your motorsport fire extinguisher.
Why Regular Servicing is Important
Regular servicing is essential to maintain the reliability and effectiveness of your fire extinguisher. It ensures that the extinguisher is ready to respond promptly in the event of a fire, providing an additional layer of safety for everyone involved in the racing environment.
Fire extinguishers must be serviced every two years to be MSUK/FIA compliant. However, checking the pressure gauge and activation mechanism regularly, will prevent further issues.
1. Visual Inspection
- Check the external condition of the fire extinguisher for any signs of damage, corrosion, or leaks.
- Inspect the pressure gauge to ensure it indicates the proper pressure.
- Ensuring the extinguisher hasn't been tampered with.
2. Discharge Test
- Conduct a controlled discharge test in a safe and controlled environment.
3. Service or Refill
- All perishable items will be replaced, including all o ring, pressure relief valves.
- Electrical Firing mechanism replaced if activated.
- Foam Suppressant Replaced
- New Service label affixed to the bottle with next service date
Compliance with Regulations
Ensure that your fire extinguisher and servicing procedures comply with the motorsport regulations applicable to your events. Stay informed about any updates or changes in safety standards.
Regular servicing of motorsport fire extinguishers is a fundamental aspect of motorsport safety. By following these steps and adhering to regulations, you contribute to creating a safer racing environment for everyone involved.
Remember, safety is a shared responsibility, and a well-maintained fire extinguisher can be a crucial lifesaving tool in the world of motorsports.
For further information and a quote on your next service, please get in touch